The focus of our practice is divided between providing tax consulting services to some major companies in the Valley and planning/preparation for individuals, partnerships & S-Corps.
The corporate services generally involve assistance with federal and state income tax preparation, audits and various other tax related projects. In the past we have had projects with Applied Materials, Xilinx, 3 Com, AMD, Marvell Semiconductor, Lam Research, Hewlett Packard, Intuit and Trimble Navigation.
The remainder of our business involves servicing approximately 150 individual clients, for whom we handle the annual tax return preparation, tax planning and consulting as necessary. These services range from annual tax compliance, to assisting with Quick Books or other accounting issues, to being an impartial sounding wall when they need to discuss important financial decisions.
Tax services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tax planning & return preparation for individuals, corporations, partnerships, LLCs/LLPs, estates, trusts, and not-for-profit organizations
- Taxing Authority Representation
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Bookkeeping & Accounting Assistance
Tax Planning & Preparation
Tax planning and preparation represent the core of our business. Whether we are dealing with individuals, partnerships or corporations, we can develop tax strategies to take advantage of available tax opportunities and avoid potential pitfalls resulting from poor planning.
- Tax Planning: Our tax preparation process involves consideration of tax planning opportunities. By making tax planning part of your overall financial strategy you can minimize both your current and future tax liabilities.
- Tax Preparation. We offer tax preparation services for a variety of entities including individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, estates, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Tax Saving Analysis and Planning. We analyze clients’ situations on an individual basis in order to assist and educate them on techniques and steps needed to realize tax savings throughout the year, not just before filing deadlines. We can design and provide customized tax saving solutions suitable for a client’s distinctive and varying financial conditions.
Taxing Authority Representation
We represent our clients before the various Federal and state tax agencies. The financial crisis of the past few years has significantly impacted federal and state government revenues, and as a consequence, tax audits are on the rise. As part of our engagement with our clients, we try to identify areas where their returns may be susceptible to possible adjustment. We discuss the appropriate tax reporting and documentation necessary to both minimize their tax liabilities and provide the best chance of a successful conclusion in the event their returns are audited by the tax authorities.
Estate & Gift Tax Planning and Return Preparation
Estate and gift planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to beneficiaries and can ensure business continuity for any operating entities, such as partnerships, corporations and LLCs. We can assist you and your attorney with the complex process of putting your financial affairs in order and reduce the hassles after loved ones are gone.
Assistance with bookkeeping and accounting
Current technology has made it so anyone can produce financial reports for their business. However, inaccurate accounting impacts the usefulness of these reports. Having your books and records prepared or maintained by a CPA can help ensure that your information is accurate and relevant to your needs.